Infosys Ltd (NYSE:INFY) unveiled a ‘Return to Workplace,’ an enterprise-grade solution to enable businesses ensure safety and wellness of their employees as they adapt to new working conditions amid the COVID-19 pandemic. Infosys is a global leader in next-generation digital services and consulting. The solutions include:
- Elevated Body Temperature (EBT) screening – It helps businesses screen their visitors and workers in real-time to detect infections. This way, anyone infected is quickly isolated to reduce the spread.
- Contact Tracing – The new solution uses proven technologies like BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) and GPS to help in contact tracing.
- Mask Compliance / Social Distancing Compliance– It uses video analytics algorithms to detect breaches in social distancing and failure to wear masks.
- COVID-19 Chatbot– This Digital Assistant solution is powered by AI and helps answer return to work queries from employees.
- Contactless biometrics– Ensures safe entry of visitors and workers into their workplaces.
- Occupancy and workspace analytics– Used by real estate companies to track metrics on density, floor occupancy, and automate regular sanitation routines.
“The future of work will demand innovative solutions that enterprises can deploy rapidly, and at scale to ensure safety of their workforce while at the same time nurture collaboration and productivity. We are pleased to launch our ‘Return to Workplace’ offering that is aimed at positively impacting the re-opening of workspaces in a seamless, automated, and systematic manner,” said Nitesh Bansal, SVP and Head- Engineering Services.
To ensure privacy and protect user data, the solutions will not collect any Personally Identifiable Information (PII). To minimize the need for human intervention and facilitate data-driven decision making, the solution uses the power of Biometrics, Gesture controls, RFID, 5G, Edge Computing, IOTVision Analytics, and AI. The platform is easy to maintain and fully complies with reporting as required in many countries.
33-50% of Infosys Employees to permanently work from Home
Infosys announced that 33-35% of its workers will work from home. According to Richard Lobo, Executive Vice President, Head HR at Infosys, the company is targeting to have up to 50% of its workers telecommute.